About Our Council
The Knights of Columbus Council 1016 was instituted in Lancaster, Ohio on June 5, 1905. There were 74 charter members. The first Grand Knight was T.J. Kirwin, and his recording secretary was Leon Vagnier. The first inauguration services were held in the Odd Fellows Hall. After that, the Council spent several years in the upstairs of 149½ W. Main St. In 1958, the Council obtained its present home at 343 E. Walnut St. Our Council works with the parishes in Lancaster and provides funds for various projects.